There are many reasons as to why to use washable breast pads:
- They are much more comfortable. You don’t need to worry about having the pad stick to your clothing or even worse your breast!
- They are definitely better for the environment. Disposable breast pads end up in landfill.
- They will save you money. Disposable breast pads on average cost $0.30 a pad. If you end up breast feeding for 10 months that will cost you $270 (based on using 3 a day). If you buy a pack of washable pads for $39.95 that is a saving of $230.
- They are very soft and help to soothe sore nipples
- They are machine washable and will become more absorbent the more they are washed
In the end I think the main reason is comfort and savings. What more could you ask for from a product!